November 6, 2008

"Victory of Faith Over Fear"



It's the second day of the new year in this country. I leave my home and get into my car and start driving. I pass by the local prostitute and smile, I pass the local homeless man and nod. I turn out onto the main street of Candler Rd. and the man in the 4 door Cadillac Escalade sitting on 24's merges into the lane I am turning into and blows his horn at me, I smile. Today, the world seems different. I look at colored people differently. I feel a sense of tolerance and pride. Tolerance for ignorance and misguided dreams and Pride in this country for FINALLY stepping up and giving EVERY man right of hope.

I have the hope that President (-Elect) Barack Obama will be THE influence that this country, my country, needs. That Obama, will be a role model to the wayward youth and the lost man. Integrity, we have missed you and now with continued hope we will have you back.

I rejoice with all the other Black people in the nation, I am so profoundly happy that a black man will be President (wow). I am even happier that is not Republican Bush or Republican McCain...after 8 years of crap and conservative bullshit...Democrats are back where this country needs them to be.

What a HISTORIC WIN!!!
Finally, a Black man my Son can look up to.
Thank you Oh Great Father in Heaven! Thank you!


Now, who's going to Washington in January?!?!

1 comment:

  1. colored ppl..r u serious? other than that i feel ya!

    ReplyDelete